Ask any GlobeMedder, the Summit is the highlight of our year. Three days of movement building with hundreds of students and global health experts. What could be better?
The annual GlobeMed Global Health Summit brings the network together for three days of intensive lectures and workshops with representatives from grassroots global health organizations and global health experts.
“The GlobeMed Summit essentially introduced me to my future colleagues. As individuals, we each have diverse skill sets. As a network, these combined skills transfer to a powerful movement capable of enormous, effective, and sustainable change… The work may not cease, but this life and career will undoubtedly be endlessly rewarding.”
-Christine Carcano, UT-Austin ’11
The Summit is designed to prepare GlobeMed students to be leaders in the global health field, with discrete programming focused on knowledge-sharing, personal discernment, and community-building. Through this experience, delegates are equipped to be more effective leaders, partners and change makers.
Since 2007, the GlobeMed Summit has featured keynote speakers including:
- Stephen Lewis, former UN Special Envoy on HIV/AIDS
- Dr. Paul Farmer, Co-Founder, Partners in Health
- Dr. Joia Mukherjee, Medical Director at Partners In Health
- Dr. Joseph Amon, Director of Health and Human Rights for Human Rights Watch
- Dr. Evan Lyon, Editor of Health and Human Rights: An International Journal
- Ed Cardoza, Executive Director, Still Harbor
- Harry Kraemer, former CEO of Baxter Inc.
- Jeff Richardson, VP at the Abbott Fund
- Leymah Gbowee, Executive Director, the Women Peace and Security Network